WHAT WE DO
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) authorized the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury) to provide nearly $10 billion to assist the country’s most vulnerable homeowners who were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The ARP created the Homeowner Assistance Fund, or HAF, that allocates funding to all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, Tribes or Tribal entities, and the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands.
The HAF is intended to “prevent mortgage delinquencies and defaults, foreclosures, loss of utilities or home energy services, and displacement of homeowners experiencing financial hardship” resulting from the economic impact of the pandemic, beginning January 21, 2020.
How IEM Can Assist Your State?
IEM is actively providing COVID-19 related federal-funded program support to numerous states and localities. Our planning, implementation and management services and IT infrastructure have rapidly mobilized to deliver services to impacted families and communities.
As a national leader in crisis response, housing recovery and public health, IEM’s innovative and accountable approach enables the efficiency and effectiveness that is critical in any urgent and complex program administration. In our 36 years of continuous operations, our crisis-tested experts have implemented and managed numerous federally-funded programs. Our experts have implemented and managed mortgage assistance, refinancing, and foreclosure prevention programs. We work with major national servicers.
Our national presence means we are able to draw critical resources from across the country, leveraging our seasoned staff and lessons learned. Our team works every day to enable data-driven production at all levels of government.
IEM’s team of nationally recognized experts stands ready to help develop and implement a homeowner-focused, rapid and effective Homeowner Assistance Fund Program.
Our support services to states, localities, tribes and territories, include:
- Needs Assessment and Plan Development (June 30, 2021 deadline)
- HAF Program Implementation and Management
- Outreach, Communications and Engagement Strategies and Campaigns
- Reliable, Scalable, and Customized Software
- Case Management Services
- Call Center Services
- Ongoing QA/QC
- Fraud Detection and Prevention
Contact us today to hear more, including our lessons learned from IEM’s experience on mortgage and rental assistance programs.
- April 25, 2021: State and Territorial Notice of Funds Request was due to Treasury
- June 30, 2021: State, Tribal Territorial HAF Plans due to Treasury
- September 7, 2021: Deadline for Treasury to reallocate unused funds to State, Tribal Territorial Grantees
- September 30, 2021: Tribe, a Tribal entity, or the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Notice of Funds Request due to Treasury
- U.S. Department of the Treasury HAF webpage: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/coronavirus/assistance-for-state-local-and-tribal-governments/homeowner-assistance-fund